Jan 30, 2018
The Amer Fort is one of the most visited tourist places in Jaipur, Rajasthan state of India. It is actually situated in Amber town, which is 11 km away from Jaipur. It was built in 1592 by Raja Man Singh and then Raja Jai Singh renovated it later. It is made by using red sandstone and marbles. This Fort is constituents both Hindu and Muslim architecture. The fort consists of many places such as Diwan-i-Aam, Sheesh Mahal, Sukh Mahal, Shila Devi temple, Ganesh Pole etc. It is also registered in UNESCO World Heritage site. The elephant ride is the famous and through this ride, tourists reached at the ridge in the entrance courtyard and feel the royal welcome to the Amer Fort. The nearby tourist attraction to the Amer Fort is Jaigarh, Aravali Hills and Vijay Garh. The famous courtyard of the amber fort are as following:
1. Hall of Public Audience: It is also known as Diwan-e-Aam. It is a large hall that stands from the support of two rows of the ornamented pillars and it is open on three sides. The king sits here to listen to the queries and complaints of the people and they also meet guests here. This hall is also popular for its glass work.
2. Sukh Mandir: Sukh-Mandir is also known as Sukh Niwas is also a big hall which is made of sandalwood and ivory. It is situated right side and opposite to the Diwan-e-Aam. This is the place where Kings and queen used to do relax.
3. Sheesh Mahal: Sheesh Mahal is also known as Mirror Palace which is the most beautiful part of the fort. This place is carved with beautiful flowers and also done glass paintings here. It is made for the sleeping of the queens under the stars because they are not allowed to sleep in the open air. That is why this place is built to resolve this problem. It looks like thousands of stars glittering in the ceiling.
4. Kesar Kyaari: This is a Mughal garden which has the splendid beauty that totally differs from the simple garden. It is the part of Maote Lake and it is in the front of the fort. It is built in the star shape and there were many saffron flowers planted in the garden. Now, there are beautiful flowers planted here, because at this time saffron plant can not thrive because of the climate conditions.
5. Light Show: The Light show happen in this fort every evening. The light show theme is based on the history of the Jaipur and the Amber Fort. It continues for 50 minutes in both language Hindi and English.
Amber Fort opens from 8:00 am till 6:00 pm and the light show will happen 7:30 pm in English and 8:30 pm in Hindi. The entry fees for the Foreigners is 550 per person and 100 rs. For Indians. Jaipur Car Rental provides Taxi service for jaipur same day tour package.
Jaipur Car Rental also provides the Best tour Packages such as Golden Triangle Tour Packages, Rajasthan Tour Packages, Same Day Tour Packages and also provide nearby Jaipur Taxi Packages with car rental Services.